Sunday, February 12, 2012

Paris Is Always A Good Idea



My favorite author is Earnest Hemmingway.

His style of writing is what my books are modeled on.

At a young age I had that seed of being a writer planted by Hemmingway’s works which was then nurtured by other books that I read.

One thing that stood out to me was that he wrote about the places where he was living or had lived.

His short stories about the woods and fishing are


based on his time in Michigan.  A Farewell to Arms covers his time in Italy during World War I.

His first hand experience gave me the feeling that I was there.

I have not had the luxury of being able to live in the places I write about in my books.  I can look at pictures on the web and get an idea of what the place is like.

 When I have been to a place it is much easier to write about that location.

As a writer I would urge you to write from your heart and your experiences.  Your readers will appreciate it.

This brings me back to the title of my blog.

I think Paris would be a great place to start.  Hemmingway spent many years there and wrote many of his books there.

When I get there I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment