Saturday, January 9, 2010

Earnest Hemmingway - Why He Is One Of My Favorite Authors

One of my favorite authors is Earnest Hemmingway.

I enjoy his style of writing and have traveled the world reading his books he allowed me to paint the pictures as I read his books. I became friends with the characters in his books.

It was like reading about someone you know.

Earnest Hemmingway in one of his books talks about when he was writing he would leave some of the story unwritten. When he came back to write the next time he would start writing the part that he saved from the time before.

This helped him get in the grove he was not starting from scratch each day. I have been using this technique and find it to be a very helpful.

I stop writing when I feel good with what I have written that day. It maybe three pages or twenty pages completed. I find that way I am making progress and not stressing myself about how many words I did.

I hope this helps you and your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment